Girlfriend of Brit ‘murdered in Thailand sickle attack’ pictured moments after finding his dead body

Footage shows the girlfriend of the Brit allegedly murdered in a sickle attack moments after discovering his dead body.

Mother-of-one Wassana Muanchit, 33, found Marcus John Evans, 49, after he was attacked following a row over loud music in Kanchanaburi, western Thailand, on January 22 at around 3am local time.

She broke down in tears while sitting in outside a friend’s house as police searched for the suspect Prasut Thipthep, 23, who was later arrested at a nearby home and charged with ‘intentional manslaughter’.

The suspect was also charged with ‘attempting to kill’ Marcus’ friend Shaun Dagnan, 55, who was injured in the bloodbath. Shaun received flowers from Thai police while recovering in hospital on Sunday.

Speaking at a press conference about the death on Sunday, Police Lieutenant General Thanayut Vuthijarathamrong, who is leading the probe, said: ‘From the investigation, the accused confessed that the cause of the death came from a disagreement with the deceased.

The injured victim and the deceased were drinking alcohol and playing loud music during the night until it caused dissatisfaction with the perpetrators and leading them to attack the men.

‘As for the matter that the perpetrator is said to be a psychiatric patient. The perpetrator had a history of receiving treatment but must be examined thoroughly whether he is considered a patient with real psychiatric symptoms or not because if it is concluded that the perpetrator has a psychiatric illness, the prosecution will be different from a suspect with no mental disorders.

‘In this situation, the investigating officer together with expert doctors will assess the suspect to determined if he had complete consciousness or not at the time of the attack.

‘But initially, two serious charges were filed against the perpetrators, one of intentional manslaughter and charge of attempting to kill another person.

‘For the injured and the deceased, the police have teamed up with the Tourist Police, including the officials of the Office of Tourism and Sports, to coordinate with the British Embassy to contact the families of the injured and dead.

‘It is currently waiting for the relatives of the injured and deceased to travel to Thailand. In terms of providing assistance to the injured and dead, The Ministry of Tourism and Sports will consider further assistance measures.’

Speaking in the video, Marcus’s friend, Adria Licci, 59, from Italy, who also lived in the resort, said that Marcus had arrived on December 17 to visit his Thai girlfriend. He was due to leave on January 26.

Adria said: ‘I was friends with the man who died and the one who was injured. They also knew the attacker and they had drinks with him before and had given him cigarettes. They used to joke with him a lot.

‘I’ve never seen the three of them arguing before until last night when I heard them all shouting at about 3am.

‘I came out of the room to see and found the wounded man and dead man lying on the ground in a pool of blood.

‘We think that the issue was caused by the guys playing loud music, but this should have been discussed and solved. It shouldn’t have to be this violent.’