Electric scooter battery explodes in restaurant kitchen in China

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1mn8j25nobpkip/VRP32902.mp4?dl=0

This is the terrifying moment an electric scooter battery exploded while it was being charged in a restaurant kitchen.

Footage from CCTV camera shows the device erupting in flames while a man sits next to it in Shanghai, China on May 13, 2020.

One employee was cooking while another was sitting near the battery being charged, which suddenly swelled and exploded.

They could not stop the blaze after the battery began to spin and quickly fled the kitchen which was engulfed by the smoke.

Fire crews arrived to tackle the blaze which was quickly brought under control without anyone being seriously hurt.