Indonesia earthquake aftermath as hundreds are injured and seven die

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9brb16tooe6q8st/VRP3963.mp4?dl=0

This is the shocking aftermath of rubble and collapsed buildings after an earthquake hit Indonesia killing at least seven people and injuring hundreds more this morning (Jan 15).

The 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck six kilometres (3.7 miles) northeast of the city of Majene in Sulawesi island and at a depth of 10 kilometres (6.2miles) at around 1 am local time.

Footage from Mamuju shows the chaos and panic as residents searched through destroyed buildings.

Indonesia’s disaster mitigation agency said large numbers of buildings had been damaged and thousands of locals had fled to safety.

Many of the injured people were in the city of Majene in Sulbar province.

Residents said the earthquake was felt strongly shaking buildings for around seven seconds. There was no tsunami warning.