Huge ceiling fan drops on family having lunch in Vietnam

This is the shocking moment a huge ceiling fan dropped on a family having lunch in Vietnam.

The family were eating together in the dining area in Hanoi when the machine came loose and disrupted their meal on July 8.

CCTV video footage shows how the fan’s metal blades suddenly crashed down and almost hit an eight-year-old boy sitting right below it.

House owner Ho Dinh said: ‘Maybe the screw came loose because my mom cleaned it before that happened. Fortunately, none of us was hurt.’