Pan catches fire after cook forgets to turn stove off in China

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2leytbnanrjb8ay/VRP81335.mp4?dl=0

This is the scary moment a pan caught fire after a cook forgot to turn the stove off in a restaurant in northeastern China.

Footage taken in a barbecue restaurant in Jilin province on November 24 shows the woman unknowingly leaving the oil-filled pan on the heat. It then started smoking before bursting into flames.

As pouring water on a grease fire is hazardous, she doused the blaze with vegetable oil instead. Another restaurant staff then took the flaming pan and placed it in the snow outside, waiting for the fire to die down on its own.