Heater catches fire as inattentive clerk scrolls on phone

This is the moment a heater caught on fire while an inattentive clerk browsed on her mobile phone in southwestern China.

CCTV footage taken in Zhaotong City in the province of Yunnan on December 4 shows the shopkeeper scrolling on her cellphone while behind her, a heater was left on.

The flame grew larger and spread to some carton boxes nearby before the clerk felt the heat on her back and noticed the fire.

She managed to put it out in time before it could cause severe property damage.