Gas cylinder catches fire inside restaurant kitchen in Thailand

This is the shocking moment a gas cylinder caught fire inside a restaurant kitchen in Thailand.

Owner Saksit Palicamin was replacing the tanks when he noticed bright sparks inside the stall in Pathum Thani province, on January 11.

The sparks then expanded into flames taking over the whole kitchen. Shocked Saksit threw the burning object against the wall before removing his shirt and soaking it with tap water.

He placed the wet shirt over the gas cylinder and rotated the valve to douse the fire. After a few seconds, the flame shrunk.

Only a few burn spots were found on kitchen items while no injuries have been reported from the incident.

Saksit said: ‘I want this to be an example for people to not panic when a similar incident happens. Remember to turn the valve down and always be careful.’